We have decided to do a bit of forward planning with our year and our family holidays. There are flight and holidays sales on right now and we need to be able to take advantage of discounts on offer. We are very lucky that we are now somewhat stable in our lives and careers right now and can, as much as possible; start making wish lists for our travelling. More than just any other wish list, I really want us to be part of the cool kids that have crazy adventurous holidays either here in the UK or elsewhere. Here goes or family wish-list:
- USA – I actually want to do route 66 in June but it is so long! The minimum time it takes to do is is about three weeks. I won’t be able to get that much time off work plus I don’t think Neo will enjoy spending that much time in the car. We are still very keen on a road trip and are looking at other child friendly options. This will be our main/big holiday for the year.
- Thailand – I am not sure if we are going to manage this in 2015 but this has always been on our bucket list. I love the idea of a holiday on the beach but I also like being taken out of the comfort zone and experiencing new cultures, food and people. I can hopefully finally qualify as a Padi open water diver and we can find fun things to do as a family.
- Skiing – PJ insisted I include this one! It’s been four long years since our last ski holidays and it’s long overdue.
In the UK
- Cornwall – I think we are three of about nine people left in all of London to have never been to Cornwall. I have heard only good things and we need to make this happen.
- Festival – we haven’t decided which yet. My twitter timeline was filled with lovely tweets of people having an awesome time at various festivals last year and I would love for us to have some festival and camping fun. All I have to do is convince PJ.
- Portugal – This is one country that we always have every intention of seeing every year but have never had the chance. I hope we can make time to get away to see Lisbon this year.
- Croatia – This is considered by many to be an up and coming destination and very good value for money.
I know for a fact we won’t be able to manage all of these this year. There isn’t nearly enough time for all with Neo starting school in September, travel will be limited to school holidays and half terms. And unless we hit the lotto jackpot, we can’t possibly afford all of them. It is good to have something to aspire to when an opportunity presents itself.
What are your travel plans for 2015?
Thanks for stopping by!